Counseling Center

Counseling - Jordan Walling at

What do school counselors do and how can they help your student?

Our counselors are able to help students and families with a variety of needs.

School counselors

  • Counsel students individually or in group settings

  • Counsel students on career planning and goals

  • Develop a guidance plan based on campus need

  • Respond to student needs in crisis situations

  • Orient students to new school setting

  • Work with absentees and at risk students

  • Refer students to special programs and/or services when necessary

  • Conduct conferences with parents and teachers

  • Analyze test results to provide information about abilities and achievement

  • Coordinate the Peer helper program

Counselors also perform additional duties and are always available to assist students and families in a variety of ways. Please feel free to contact your student’s counselor today to find out how she can best assist your student in his or her educational needs.

¿Qué exactamente hacen los consejeros y cómo pueden ayudar a su estudiante?

Tenemos a tres consejeros con gran preparación que pueden ayudar a los estudiantes y familias con una variedad de necesidades.

Los consejeros escolares:

Proveen asesoramiento a los estudiantes sobre el planeamiento para una carrera y metas

Desarrollan un plan orientativo basado en las necesidades del plantel

Responden a las necesidades de los estudiantes en situaciones de crisis

Dan orientación a los nuevos estudiantes

Trabajan con los estudiantes frecuentemente ausentes o en riesgo

Recomiendan programas especiales y/o servicios para los estudiantes cuando sea necesario

Realizan conferencias con los padres de familia y maestros

Analizan los resultados de exámenes para proveer información sobre las habilidades y logros de los estudiantes

Coordinan el programa de compañeros ayudantes Asesoran a los estudiantes individualmente o en grupo

Los consejeros también tienen responsabilidades adicionales y siempre están disponibles para ayudar a los estudiantes y familias en gran variedad de maneras. Por favor siéntanse en libertad de contactar al consejero de su estudiante para enterarse cómo pueden mejor ayudar a su estudiante con sus necesidades.


What do you need help with?

Crisis Line- Resources to use for immediate help in crisis situations. If the emergency is life threatening, please call 911.

Marion County Crisis Line: 503-585-4949 or 1-800-560-5535

Clackamas County Crisis Line: 503-655-8401

National Youth Crisis Line: 1-800-448-4663 or 1-800-448-3000

Oregon Partnership Youth Line: 1-877-553-8336

Community Counseling Resources- These resources will help you find counselors. Some of them have services offered at a reduced or pro-rated fee.

Marion County Mental Health: 503-588-5352 or 503-981-5851

Clackamas County Mental Health: 503-655-8401

Catholic Community Services: 503-390-2600 or 503-981-4214

Children's Guild: 503-370-8990

Gay and Lesbian Youth Hotline: 1-800-347-8336

National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453

Northwest Human Services: 1-800-560-5535

Vangaurd Youth Services: 503-872-9664

Eating Disorders- If you, your child, or someone you know might suffer from an eating disorder, please seek support.

St.Vincent's Eating Disorder Program: 503-215-7080

Emanuel Children's Hospital School Aged/Adolescent Unit: 503-413-4476 or 503-413-1935

Family and Child Services- For help with family, housing, or child specific issues, please refer to this list of phone numbers.

Marion County Children's Mental Health: 503-588-5352

Marion County Housing Authority: 503-373-4448

Clackamas County Housing Authority: 503-655-8267

National Runaway Switchboard: 1-800-621-4000

Youth and Family in Crisis: 1-800-999-9999 Grief and Loss- Walker House and Dougy Center both provide services for families and children who are grieving. This is a free service. The Walker House is located in Canby and the Dougy Center is located in Portland. The number for both is: 503-775-5683 or you can visit their website at

Parenting Concerns- Parents Anonymous: 503-581-9922

Parent Help Line: 1-800-345-5044

Tough Love: 503-228-5087 Substance Abuse Support Groups Alateen/Alanon: 1-800-344-2666 Alcohol and Drug Helpline: 1-877-553-TEEN (8336) Narcotics Anonymous: 503-393-7281 Dental and Medical Services For more information about the resources available to you, please feel free to contact Nurse Christine (our school nurse) at 503-678-7140

Salud (located in Woodburn): 503-982-2000

Clothing- Mano a Mano (Salem): 503-363-1895

St.Vincent de Paul (Salem): 503-364-5672 Food Banks St. Agnes Catholic Church (Hubbard) St. Lukes Catholic Church (Woodburn): 503-981-5011 AWARE (Woodburn): 503-981-5828 For additional assistance, you can contact the school counselor at 503-678-8129. We have a limited supply of items but are happy to help as much as we can.

For more free and confidential resource information in your area contact 211 info: Dial: 211


Text: your zip code to 898211

Or download the 211info App for iPhone or Android

Para más información sobre recursos gratis y confidenciales en suárea, llame a 211 info

Marcar: 211



Texto: codigo postal 898211

O descarga la aplicación 211 para iPhone o Android

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.